Thursday, April 11, 2013

Holding Myself Back

I Have An Almost Uncontrollable Urge to Write This Post in the Voice of Jim Anchower

...But I won't, because I won't get it right, and then you, my legions of dedicated readers, will be disappointed. And I would hate for you darling dears to come away from your reading experience here with even the slightest lessening in regard for me. You know? So I'm not going to do it. But I want to.

Other things I want to do: eat a brownie, drink some red wine, read some Klassic Kathy Komiks from the 80s -- you know, girl stuff? Just kidding. Except for the brownies part. And the wine; although to be honest, I don't care if it's red or white or comes out of a spigot. I just need 16 oz of it in my facehole within 10 minutes, please.

So. Had a phenomenal first class at Writers Boot Camp this week. I can't wait to get further into this script. I read over a bunch of drafts last night -- drafts from way back in the dawn of time -- and you know what? Some of them are not as shitty as I remember. Some of them are MUCH shittier than I remember, but that's the joy of digging this crap up and reading it through it, years later. Sometimes you horrify yourself to no end.

You feel me, amigos?

No comments: