Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome back...your dreams were your ticket out

HA HA HA I'm back I'm doing the 30-30-30 (that's my own modification of the "30-30" plan, wherein you commit to writing 30 blog posts in 30 days). I'm giving myself an even greater chance of success by adding the "...in 30 minutes" caveat. That is, I'm not allowed to spend more than 30 minutes on any one blog post. Will I write something in that time? Unlikely? Will I get into the habit of doing something -- anything -- in that time? Yes. It's weird being back here. I haven't posted in 4 years -- FOUR years! I've been writing in that time, obviously: I think I've accrued a novel, a pot of short stories, a script, and a million drafts-in-progress in that time. But I haven't posted here. I've been busy tweeting and tumbling and twittering and pinning and avoiding this kind of writing, which has gone back to being very scary for some reason. I've been running away from introspection. So be it! This blog will become something new. Maybe. Maybe it will stay the same exact way. Oh well. Basura it is (love that word). Welcome back to The Get Down, naturalos.

No comments: