Sunday, March 31, 2013

Back From the Dead

"Death, I Got Some Bad News" -- A lovely Easter weekend out here in the city of Angels. A fairly sedate Saturday (who am I kidding -- a VERY sedate Saturday) and then an almost completely horizontal Sunday. Absolutely cracking sunrise Easter service this year. Easter is my favorite holiday. The sense of renewal and redemption and hope for a new season almost overwhelms me, year after year. And then I eat ham, and everything just seems so great. This year, there is no ham. No champagne. No rolls, no quiche, no shrimp grits. I'm on Day 6 of my Daniel Fast, and I'm still body-rocking the vegan lifestyle over here. Things are starting to get easier. Like, my crippling cheese cravings have largely subsided. And I don't miss sugar at all -- except I do, because it's in fucking everything. I want to make a stir-fry tonight and I'm trying like hell to come up with a substitute (that's allowed on the fast) for the sugar that balances out most stir fry sauces. I'm thinking apple cider vinegar. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sure you're all holding your breath. Oh, and I'm about to finally start watching The Walking Dead. Mainly because I want to cosplay as Michonne this year if my Lana Kane outfit goes tits up (you get it? Lana? Lana. Lanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!).

No comments: