Friday, April 17, 2009

Somewhere, some idiot is listening to Steely Dan

I'm not back yet, and truth be told, I'm less and less convinced about the point of this place. Still, every time I think about shuttering The Get Down for good (or perhaps that should be For Good), I grant the ol' girl a stay of execution for a little while longer. I compose posts in my head all the time that never make it here: either because I [wisely] see the error of my [maudlin] ways before my itchy posting finger can hit "PUBLISH" or because I just get lazy or because I find someone, somewhere online who has said what I want to say better, more entertainingly, more succintly, more intelligently...talk about your anxiety of influence.

Anyway.


Things in in my personal life are settling down, curiously, by being more up in the air than ever: i.e. I broke up with Iron Fist, and have now convinced myself that, if things between me and Jeff Goldblum don't work out rightquick, I might be staring down the barrel at a long, lonely, rest-of-my-lifehood (not really, as anyone who knows me knows that I could happily go full-hermit and be very, very happy). I do worriy that I've had sex for the last time. Do other people have that worry? Man, what if I never find another person I like enough to bed? If I had known, I would have paid more attention the last time Iron Fist and I were together! Made some memories.


Right. So what was I saying?

Man! This is why I'm about to give this shit up! I can't even keep it together long enough to make one damn post!

9 comments:

Admiral Neck said...

Keep it together, Misty Knight! Your blog gives at least one poor fellow some entertainment, and almost certainly more than that. You really don't want to be sitting at the bottom of my RSS blogfeed with the other defunct blogs, do you?

And the "I'll never have sex again" thing? Is universal. And always bullshit. Unless you're, like 89 years old. Or have misplaced your genitals. You're gonna be just fine. Get out there and prove me right!

Mrs. Swank said...

Say what you will ... it's still entertaining. And, really, isn't it all about keeping me entertained? I thought so.

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us! The Get Down is one of my guilty pleasures, and you have such a cool way of looking at things. By the way--I just saw a movie with Mr. Goldblum--Chain of Fools. He was untouchably cool as usual.
-farmgirl

Leeschwa- MissDangerPants said...

Give the people what they want...

Adams said...

Miss DangerPants, you are right. And you speak with an authority I can't deny, Admiral. Senora Swank, it's secretly been about you all this time, and you never knew! Farmgirl: your corn-pone, homespun appeal has touched me.

I mean...I'm probably never going to completely give up on this place. I'm like that crazy old guy on the bus -- I may lapse into silence for a little while, but you KNOW I always got more to say. Always!

Electric Mayhem said...

Broc, please don't give up on this. I long for the day when you've hit your deadlines and pick this back up on a regular basis. Everything in the world has been said or done by a million other people, but we (those who read this) don't know them, and don't care about their perspective as much as we care about yours. Plus, I think it does you some good. You're a writer.

Anonymous said...

Ms.Adams you cannot quit the Get Down, I come here to visit randomly, since catching up with you and what's on your mind is hard to do on the regular. This blog makes me feel like you are still close.

girl6 said...

I'm fuckin' you up. Don't even think about it.

Here's the thing. This is your piece up in here. This is where you come to shake your moneymaker, throw it down and step on it with both feet (that's what my madea always said about her Thanksgiving gravy).

Know this: you. will. NEVER. write a bad sentence. Write one sentence then 2 then 6 then 14. Then say fuck it and post it. See how easy that was?

You're off the hook but you aint off the hook. Write, heffa. And where's my S/U? Send me that shit.

I'll be back.

Adams said...

Quiet as it's kept, I don't have a S/U...but I *do* have a K/U. Beta?