Monday, January 19, 2009

Just Some Stuff

I'll be heading out shortly to Leimert Park to celebrate King's birthday. When I get back, hopefully I'll have a report and also a renewed sense of purpose from being around some conscious POC all day.

In the meantime, someone remind me to talk about the following at some point in the future:

  • why I have to stop eating shrimp
  • learning the phrase "making knuckle children" as a euphemism for female masturbation (I've been in the belly of the internet beast this holiday weekend, family, and I barely made it out with my life)
  • discovering that Heather Headley has a song called "The Past Is Another Land," which is precisely the kind of bootleg rumination that gives nu-soul a bad name and I don't give a shit how good that song is, that title is shit

No comments: