Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Your Thing...Do What Ya Wanna Do



I spent the bulk of yesterday desperately searching for an Obama t-shirt to wear to work today. I came away from Leimert Park with some fly Obama knee-highs and a t-shirt that proudly proclaims him to the "The H.N.I.C" but nothing work-appropriate. So I made inauguration cupcakes and brought those in, instead. I also brought in my magnetic dress-up Obama doll.*


The publisher invited everyone in to his office to watch the ceremony. Everyone raced in, anxious lest we miss a moment. And that speech! I generally like to consume those kinds of moment in private: I don't like the commentary or reaction of others to affect my response. But it felt so right to be with people as our new president called on us to do more, to work harder, be better. I don't know. I'm fresh out of cynicism right now. I do feel surrounded by hope and promise. I do.


*courtesy of the Miniature Ranch-hands, Teri and Todd!







2 comments:

Leeschwa- MissDangerPants said...

Dag, yeah, I walked around elated all day yesterday- or maybe that was the nasty cold making me all heady. No, the elation osmosed right through the snot... Agreed; it's hard to scrape up cynicism right now. I wanna see those knee-his!

Adams said...

Miss DangerPants, not enough people say "dag," and they should, so I am making you mayor of JugoTown.


I hope you feel better soon!

I actually just typed " I hope you feel better son," which sounds much folksier. I should have left it.