Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This is the Face


...Of a bitch about to turn 34.

I'm sat here at 6:12 pm on Christmas Eve. My brother is watching some maniac Saving Private Ryan youtube video with Pops Jugo in one room; his wife is in another room -- doing yoga, I think? I'm in the dining room drinking bootleg mimosas and just, you know, sitting here. Grateful for my family and stuff. A little sheepish that my dramatically cunty supplications to the universe (something along the lines of "Dear God, please don't make me have to go hang out with some people I barely know") resulted in the continuation of record snowfalls in Spokane that mean that no, I probably won't have to go hang out with my sister-in-law's parents...but, of course, also mean that she won't be able to hang with her parents, either. Now, obviously, in my Scrooge McDuck-like bitchcaking this past Friday, I was [typically] only thinking of myself. I didn't want...I gotta come up with a good pseudonym for Sis-in-Law, shit...anyway, I didn't want to ruin her Christmas. For reasons I won't go into here, this time of year is especially hard for her family, and so yeah, I need to offer a major mea culpa for blowing my stack. The universe keeps track of that shit, yo. Birthdays are bullshit, anyway.

Anyway, yeah. 34.

3 comments:

Mrs. Swank said...

Happy birthday, my dear. 34 is relatively painless (and you seem poised to wear it well!). Here's hoping 2009 erases all of the misery of 2008.

In that vein, I'm voting for "Taking what's mine in 2009."

Anonymous said...

And that 34 year old face is gorgeous.

Adams said...

Aw, sweetness abides here at The Get Down -- although it clearly doesn't start with me. Thank you, Mizz Swank! And thank you, Anonymous, whomever you may be!

Also, you jokers need to leave some suggestions for 2009 mottoes.