Saturday, March 15, 2008

Great Day in the Morning

OH MY GOD, FAMILY.


Is someone keeping track of this?!

God's Jukebox: 15 March 2008

A short time ago, I blogged about how my babydaddy was dissing my requests on air; this was a supposition,* of course, because unlike back in '05, I didn't get a shout out by name. Well, today I did get a shout out by name and I got my Sister Rosetta Tharpe request played AND I got dissed. Dang. Mark Lamarr is not happy with me. But can I just say in my defense that I was not bugging him (at least, I didn't think so). I sent in a request several weeks ago, and then another last week (because I'm nothing if not wildly optimistic) and they were both dashed off in about 30 seconds and the gist was something like "hey, Mr. Lamarr, I don't know if you'll play this, but..."

Anyway, I've become a requesta non grata.

Oh my. I am torn between being horrified and being a little excited that the few people I still know in London might potentially have been listening to the radio and heard someone trash talk me out of effing nowhere.

*read: paranoia

No comments: