Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Don't Have It In Me

Now that I've got [moderately] gainful employment, I've got to start looking for a new place to live. I've got to tell you: the thought of an apartment search in this town makes me want to walk off a pier. I have no idea where to look, and no idea what constitutes a good deal. Add to that a checkered credit history, and you'll start to get an idea of why I'm thinking about taking a page from the book of Jill* and just living in my office for awhile.

I really want to live alone again. I love all of the people with whom I have co-habitated, but I'm antsy to be large and in charge in my own crib, again. But let me tell you how much that costs in this town: one billion dollars.

*one of Orlando's ex-girlfriends. I think she got away with it for about four months!