Tuesday, October 02, 2007

All Those Moments Will Be Lost


Update: On the freakydeaky dial, I've probably dialed things down to a fairly manageable 3, down from yesterday's high of 9. Thanks to the concern of some members of the "Keep Hope Alive" Peoples Party, I've once again convinced myself that this move can work.

And it's all because Broc said the magic words: "coffeeshop job." Say them softly and it's like praying. Honestly, family. When have I ever gone somewhere and not had to shake a little tailfeather behind a bar of some sort? I should have known. I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm still looking for job more fitting for a woman of my stature, but gigs as Lane Bryant models usually go to chicks much younger and hungrier. Plus, I may have priced myself out of the market; I'm commanding the big bucks for wearing those big girl panties.

Anyway, more to come as the situation develops. Stay dialed in.

Today's "Tell Me 'Bout It Tuesday" question: what's the scariest thing you've done this year?

3 comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

Glad you're feeling better. If Ryan's place doesn't work out, I know folks at another local coffee chain (and it doesn't rhyme with "Tarbucks")...I can always check to see if something is open at one of their stores.

Jennifer said...

And if nothing else, my next comedy show is Oct 23rd and I've got a whopper of a headliner, so you have that to look forward to.

Adams said...

Ooooooh, who is it? Who is it?!