Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Annivesaries, Remembrances, Memorials



Without intending to, I missed marking the one year annivesary of this 'ere blog. The Get Down has been getting down for about 14 months now. Amazing. I've been posting a lot less frequently recently, but you know I still love you, right baby? Come on, baby? Baby?

I also missed celebrating my first nappyversary. As y'all know, I stopped chemically straightening my hair last year right before the Portland Marathon. My back-to-birth thick, kinky, napptural 'do makes me happy every day. At the moment, I'm rocking bantu knots:

(and a couple of guns, too) most days. My students are scared shitless.

Finally, Tamara Dobson, aka Cleopatra Jones, passed last week. She was 6'2", a fierce and stunning woman, and an all-around bad motherfucker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bantu knots! I didn't know that's what they were called, but I've always liked them. As if your students weren't already intimidated enough.

Bummer about the teeth, man. Milk shakes are about the only thing you're going to be able to eat once your wisdom teeth come out. Milk shakes and pudding. Hope you like the dairy products!

VanDyke said...

That first picture made me miss you so much. It reminds me of what would invetiably happen every weekend we lived together.