Monday, January 02, 2006

Big Year-End Crap Up (part two, bitches)



Sorry about the delay, dorklies. But I was recoverin' from my rockin' New Year's Rockin' Eve, or something. What actually happened was, I watched Star Wars Episode Two: Attack of the Wack, and I've just now found that life is still worth living. Anyway, let's not stand on ceremony; let us neither stand upon the order of our going. To wit -- let's finish what we started, ok?

THE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD (cont'd):

4. I finished the bulk of the diss. I'd estimate that, a disciplined and focused 3 weeks should wrap that carcass up in pretty academic paper and end it. I got the requested extension from the graduate school (more on that later, if I'm able to bury the hate enough to recap recent diss drama coherently), so, with any luck, I should be able to finally, finally, FINALLY put this colicky baby to bed. So, yeah-- for those of you who were wondering, that one certain someone did finally get back to me, and the committee stuff is now all worked out. Except I've probably just jinxed myself by writing that. Dammit!

5. Mark Lamarr wants to marry me, y'all. Fa sho and fa real. The Lake Street Get Down: Mark It Down

6. Fergus and Paul did it! They got hitched! The most beautiful boys I know declared their love before God and man and drunken ho and they committed their lives to each other! I'll post some pictures here once I secure the permission of the dynamic duo.

7. Bernadette got an excellent job modelling Communist head tattooes.

The BAD:

1. As I said, I'll fill you in on the details later, but the fact that I was not able to defend this diss before the end of 2005 makes me want to windmill punch my way down the street.

2. Still broke as a joke.

3. Still not living in L.A.

Anyway, all in all, I'd say I came up a winner this year. And if not a winner, I walked away with my hands clean and my conscience clear. You can't ask for more than that, can you?

4 comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

Congrats on the diss, Doc Broc.

Who's Mark Lamarr?

Stop calling me a ho.

You'll live in LA soon enough. Soon. Right? Soon. SOON.

Electric Mayhem said...

...And speaking of Fergus, when the HELL is HE going to check out my blog?!

zach said...

Speaking of New Year's Rockin' Eve, we popped on the ol' previously recorded Times Square ball drop and a friend was like, Dick Clark's drunk you can barely understand him, and I was all, that's because he had a stroke you nimwit, and he was like, oh, that's not as funny.

Anyway, between the marathon and the little PhD thingy, you're totally my hero. (For 2005 anyway... we'll have to see what you bring to 2006.)

Anonymous said...

I have been to your blog, just haven't posted anything.....