Thursday, December 29, 2005

Family



Hey, y'all.

Christmas is over, the New Year is almost here, and it's time for what may be my last post of 2005. For your sakes -- as well as for posterity, which might mark this as the most half-assed "year end wrap up" post ever -- I sincerely hope, however, that it is not. But should this already long-winded missive signal our last e-convo this year, I want to say one thing: I couldn't have done it without you. I wouldn't have done it without you. No, seriously -- were it not for ZDB laying the whole "you inspired me to update my damn blog!"* and then Broccoli-Broccolay being all "I'm starting a blog, too, jackass!" and the Sjostrands popping up to offer me the ol' Swedish meatballs in return for just keeping my blog going ...well, kids, you'll see that were it not for the affection you dorklies offer, free of charge, I just wouldn't bother.

At the moment, I'm updating this here bloglette from my job. I'd tell you where that is, and talk about all the Grade-A L*O*S*E*R*S who contaminate my air space with their germy germs, but I hear from the various news magazine shows that people are getting fired for that crap these days. I also hear that a) winter travel can be dangerous, so allow for extra time on the roadways; oh, and you might want to get to the airport early. Also, it's cold! Back to you in the studio, Brenda! b) Dating in the workplace is rarely a good idea (mainly because you work with a bunch of throwbacks, but whatever); c) Check your prostate regularly, men. The life you save may be your own.

So, as I prepare to jump, feet first, into 2006, I just want to say "thanks" to everyone who gave a shit this year. Not just for me, but for anyone or anything that meant something to you. That may seem corny and hackneyed to you sad sack of cynical snobs, but if alliteration has taught me one thing, it's this: I'm getting too damned old to give a crap what people think anymore. I turned 31, dorklies! You think I give a fuck whether you like me? You're reading my blog, dammit! Kiss my ass! No, you kiss my ass!

Next: The Big 2005 Year-End Crap-Up! Find Out What I Think About All The Crap That Happened This Year, and Whether I Managed To Adhere to My Own Dictum, "No More Jive in 2005!" And Find Out the Winning Motto For the Coming Year!

The Finalists:
Let's Not Be Dicks in 2006
Don't Get Sick in 2006
Eating Twix Through 2006

*which is weird, because he updates his blog about a hundred times more often than I do. Always gotta show someone up, don't you, Bruns?!

2 comments:

zach said...

Ok, it's not even '06 yet and you mentioned me in a post. That's promising. But I'll wait and see, you bet I will. Sorry I missed your maniacal bake-fest...I suppose it's too late to come visit now? Anyway, here's to a banner year ahead! Oh, and happy birthday. Welcome to your early mid-thirties.

Anonymous said...

Fergus:

I am reading your blog. I had to get all hooked up again. I am back in the fold, but not smart enough to have my own. I live through you my child. Dream on dream-weaver.

with much love,
fergus