Tuesday, November 29, 2005

La Vie en Noir



How was your Thanksgiving, dorklies? Mine was fucking fantastic. My roommate was out of town -- that wasn't why it was good, by the way; I'm just setting the stage -- and I just sort of...napped and watched movies and ate when I felt like it. I had invited a friend over to hang out, but she wound up passing a gallstone in the middle of a supermarket on Thanksgiving morning, and so understandably decided to give the festivities a miss. But no fear -- Doug and I held it down. We drank a lot of Budweiser, ate a lot of stuffing, then got quietly and nicely drunk on brandy while watching Lost. It was a very chill, very mellow, very nice holiday, kids. I heartily recommend it.

Um, I had another major breakdown this morning re: the diss...I won't go into it right now, because the minutae of my ills to date is far too convoluted to bother typing out. Suffice it to say that I had a very harrowing morning, but I got a little help from a lady missionary who played in the Salvation Army Band.

Anyway, thank God for good friends, and St. Jude candles, and 12 oz. cans of courage. Here's looking at you, bitches.

1 comment:

Electric Mayhem said...

I can find an MP3 of "Gonna Fly Now" if you think it would help.