Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You'll Never Get Off On Your Own, Girl



2 Fast, 2 Furious, part 2 (Electric Boogaloo, ya heard?)

So, anyway, back to the news you all came here for. Based on my dad's advice, I deliberately scaled back my opening miles in the marathon. According to Mr. Todd P. Hudson, the first 10 miles or so should feel so easy that you feel as if you aren't working at all. I was grinning like an idiot cheesing for the spectators and walking through all the water stops during those first miles, anyway, so there was no chance that I was going to blow my strength reserves. But I wish now that I had kept my mile splits more in mind, and actually started to kick it up after mile 10. I never really felt like putting on a burst of speed, because I was so afraid that I'd shoot my proverbial wad too soon before the end. Well, by Grandma Moseying my way to the finish line, I managed to finish with all the other walkers. Except I wasn't walking! I was jogging that mother! Oh well.

2 comments:

teri said...

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been missing you! Cool blog. I'll keep checking it, also looking forward to the Spader entry. Yes, I'm online now, hubby finally hooked me up with a computer. Missed you at the fall party! And at Andy's 4th! Can you believe it?

Adams said...

If Andy is 4 years old, then that means that I am...about 90.