Monday, September 12, 2005

Glucosa-mine-o-my


I didn't finish the 16 yesterday. After about 5 miles, my feet and knees hurt so bad I had to decide if I wanted to keep punishing myself. I wound up doing 7 altogether, but not without walking a little bit. It suuuuuucked, kids. I cried in the car on the way home, as I already freaking out about finishing the race, and this kind of late-in-the-game injury and training derailer is precisely what I don't need right now. I have to start pushing the glucosamine and chondritin, and hope that by race day, I see some improvement.

I am going to try the 16 again tomorrow morning. I got some new running pants and a new jog bra/tank top. Maybe if I don't look like a hobo running from the law, I will feel better out there. My last set of running pants went through so many crotch repairs it was ridiculous. It looked like a coat of many colors down there.

3 comments:

Fergus said...

Do not run the 16 again today. Especially if you were feeling that bad. Give yourself a good couple of days rest. If you feel like you want to do something, go for a brisk walk, and not like 15 minutes and back, say maybe an hour and back. Take it easy and monitor your body. You can do this!! I believe...

Adams said...

Hmmm. You're right. And I must have known that you would say that, because I decided to give myself another day of rest yesterday.I am going to try a bit today -- see how I feel. What if my legs permanently become gapped, like an old-time cowboy?1

tandytheo0912 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here